About Fred C. Craig II
"It seems like only yesterday that I left my job working for a large retail jewelry chain and pursued my dream. However, it has been more than twenty years since I started Craig Personal Jewelers. When you do what you love, time flies by.
As I walk into to our offices each morning, I get a renewed sense of pride in assembling a team of people who share my love for jewelry and my passion for helping people. I sometimes find it hard to believe how much we have grown in our size, scope of services, depth of experience and expertise.
When you come in for your private consultation or our appraisal services, you will find:
- A Graduate Gemologist (GIA) on staff
- A spacious, discreet, secure environment
- Personalized services including:
- Custom designs and creations (winner of multiple design awards)
- Rare and unique estate jewelry
- Comprehensive appraisal services
- Jewelry repair, restoration and cleaning services
- Private, one-on-one consultations
One of the questions I am most frequently asked is, "What is a Personal Jeweler?" Here is my response:
- A Personal Jeweler offers exceptional service and value so that customers become long-term clients.
- A Personal Jeweler gives each client undivided attention and consults with him or her by appointment.
- A Personal Jeweler loves both jewelry and customers; matching unique jewelry with the preferences of each client is not just a job, it is a lifetime career.
- A Personal Jeweler maintains his professionalism through education, and provides accurate information to clients.
I am realistic enough to know that this web site could never convey the full impact of our professionalism, our top-notch facility nor our passion and expertise in gemology and unique jewelry. However, I hope you find enough information here to convince you to call us and schedule your complimentary consultation, appraisal, repair and custom design project."
Fred C. Craig II
Graduate Gemologist, (GIA)
Founder, Craig Personal Jewelers
About our President: Fred Craig has been working in the jewelry industry for more than thirty years, and has owned his own business, Craig Personal Jewelers, since 1990. He is a Graduate Gemologist (GIA), and served as President and Vice President of the Ohio Chapter of the Gemological Institute of America's Alumni Association.
Mr. Craig's passion is vintage and antique jewelry. His areas of expertise include circa dating, restoration evaluations, and appraisals. He annually attends conferences and seminars on antique jewelry, jewelry craftsmanship, and jewelry design. He has won two design awards at national jewelry shows.
Mr. Craig currently holds the following appraisal certifications and credentials:
- Graduate Gemologist (GIA)
- Appraisal Course Certificate, GIA